Monday, September 10, 2012

Life is short. Love Hard its all there is...

Life is precious. Breathe in every single moment because they go by fast. My husband had hernia surgery today, and as we prepared for going to the hospital and checking in and all glamorous tasks that go along with major medical procedure such as power of attorney and end of life decisions. I thought wow, I am a blessed woman. I love this man with all my heart and I am so happy to be his wife. I was also thinking, Dear Lord, please do not take him away from me. As previously stated worry is not a helpful action. Taking action is ten times better than worrying about what is happening. Its a lot easier to not worry when all the control is in someone else's hands. In this case God's in the form of a very competent surgeon and four nurses who cared excellently for my husband, and he came through with flying colors, as I had faith he would. I have heard it said that one can not trust God and worry at the same time, its true. My faith was tested today, its not something I talk about everyday but I am grateful for God's presence in that operating room and in the kind and loving hands of the nurses who treated him. I found it best to consider them an extension of my loving care, in absentia. I couldn't be there, so I let them do their jobs and trusted that God would guide them and he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment